Sunday, January 13, 2013

10 Annoying Things My Roommates Do

So anyone who has gone to college knows that one of the hardest adjustments to make is living with roommates, who are, more often than not, CRAZY. It's only my second semester in college, and already these roommates have pushed buttons of mine I didn't even know existed. And, like the loving, non-ranting, totally perfect roommate I am, I've decided to list some of these not-annoying traits and/or actions below. And if you're wondering, yes. that was sarcasm. EXTREME sarcasm. These are in no particular order, just off the top of my head.


1) Being sexiled from your room. For those of you who don't know what being "sexiled" is, lucky you. Basically, you're kicked out of your room at all odd hours of the day/night from hours on end because your roommate has "plans" with his or her significant other. And of course, being the sweet roommate you are, you leave. As if you had a choice. Because if you for some reason decide to stick it out hoping that will prevent something, it won't. Learned that the hard way. Just saying.

2) Walking out of the shower to find a boyfriend/ boy who is a friend sitting in your room that your adoring roommate forgot to tell you was coming over. The amount of boys who have seen me in a bath robe with a towel turban on my head is unheard of. Is there some kind of award for that?

3) BOYS USING OUR BATHROOM. Ok. I have to clean that toilet. The LAST thing I need is for your boyfriend to miss the can and have to wipe up his pee off the floor. enough said.

4) Roommate and their boyfriends having "fun" in the mutual shower that all 4 of us share. and not cleaning up after themselves. Again, just saying.


(I realize all of these have been about boys thus far. I have several more on them, but I shall spare you my rant. Oh..too late?)

5) Setting your alarm to the LOUDEST setting and placing it as far away from the bed as humanely possible so I wake up every time your alarm goes off for your 8 AM. I signed up for 11 AM classes for a reason.

6) Going to bed at 12 am, while I'm still up doing homework, and forcing me to extinguish every possible light source, even my phone light. MY PHONE LIGHT. Is it really that hard for you to sleep with that little light on?

7) Eating my food. Don't do it. Period.

8) Coming home with SO much CRAP that I have to remove things from the room in order to make space for you. Can't we just split the room 50/50 and not 80/20?!

9) Ok. If you have a paper to do, and I have no homework, and I want to watch TV, why should I have to leave my room? Isn't there a library for a reason? I can only wear my beats for so long!! Beats By Dr. Dre Black Wireless Over-Ear Headphones - 900-00009-01 (Google Affiliate Ad)

10) Last, but CERTAINLY not least, coming back to the room COMPLETELY wasted. At 3 am. and running into every single item in the room like a freaking hurricane until finally making your way into the bathroom, only for me to listen to you puke for the next twenty minutes. In the toilet I have to clean the next day. Lovely. Just...lovely.


PLEASE tell me some of you guys can relate?! Comment which one of these speak the most to you! And share your roommate stories! I'm sure these aren't the only annoying things out there.

I swear theres normal people, and Then There's College. Roommates that is;)

No comments:

Post a Comment