Saturday, January 26, 2013

10 Rules for Picking Up Girls at a Party

Alright. I KNOW there are some ladies out there who agree with me on this one. 

MEN: If you want to increase your chances of getting lucky, then you have stumbled across the holy grail of blog posts. This is, from my perspective as a college girl, my guidelines to successfully picking up ladies at a party or a bar scene. In no particular order, just off the top of my head.

1 - First and foremost, don't flirt with a girl and then, when your done with her, FLIRT WITH ONE OF HER GIRLFRIENDS. Just don't. You'll probably get slapped, and will be going home alone. Girls talk, gentlemen. Whether or not you realize, they keep tabs on who hooks up with who. It's a thing. Just...don't do it.

2 - Don't use a rehearsed, cheesy pick-up line. Unless you openly admit IMMEDIATELY afterwards how cheesy it was and then admit you just wanted an excuse to say hello, its not going to work. Guaranteed.

3 - Don't BITCH about girls going to the bathroom together in the middle of a conversation. In the words of Jenna Marbles, "Your d*ck's future is being decided in that bathroom". It's true. 99.9% of the time, girls go to the bathroom to get opinions from the girls on whether or not they think you're attractive, her "type", and if she should let you go as far as you want to. Also, if a girl comes back from the bathroom and she is suddenly not interested, the fates have turned on you, my friend, and she's done with you. Nothing you will say or do will change this. The more you pursue her after this, the more disgusted with you she will become and you will be placed in the "creeper zone". Just accept it and move on.

4- If you are SLOPPY drunk, don't hit on a sober lady. Its not gonna happen. No matter how awesome your drunk self thinks you are.

5- ok. this one should be at the top FOR SURE. This is one of my pet peeves. DON'T send a messenger or a "wing man" or whatever you want to call it. I've heard it all before. "My friend over there thinks your really hot and wants to talk to you." Ok. Then why doesn't he get off his *ss and come talk to me then? It's not that hard. I'm ten feet away from you just standing here. I just don't understand.

6- Don't tell me you're a prince or something. No matter how drunk I am, I can see through that crap in an instant and you immediately have lost my interest.

7- Buy a girl a drink. It get the both of you to relax and it will lead to conversation. DON'T approach a girl with a drink to give her. We'll think you are trying to roofie us off the bat.

8- If you know I'm in college, and you're in your 30s, DON'T hit on me. Theres not enough alcohol in the world for me to want to get dirty with a guy who is all "btw I'm 35 years old". No. I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. May work for some, but most, it doesn't.

9- DON'T grab my boobs or butt while walking past me. Immediately on my bad list. Not a turn on at all. AT ALL.

10- Last, but not least, don't follow me around all night without talking to me. I don't want to turn around and see you standing five feet behind me and staring, and then me walk to another end of the room and have you breathing down my neck the whole time. I promise us girls aren't scary!! We just want to talk to you and have a good time. Just say hey and you're creeper status is gone! Simple. Come on, boys!


I could go on for FOREVER with this list. These are just a few of the worst ones for me. Let me know if theres something else you think deserves to go on the list:) Comment, follow, and share!

Tweet me @TheresCollege :) I'd love to talk to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment